Since 1947, Upper Llanos SWCD has worked with landowners to promote effective land use, protect, establish and ensure conservation and proper ecology. A District Clerk and Board of Directors works with NRCS and other state and federal agencies to implement conservation plans to ensure your lands are preserved for the future, while being used effectively and efficiently in the present. The District is here to serve the landowners of Kimble County. Please don't hesitate to contact the office for technical assistance or questions through this website, by phone (325)446-2722, or at the office at 902 College St., Junction, TX.
The District provides educational opportunities for landowners, teachers and students through hand on programs, scholarships and workshops. Each year, Upper Llanos does a program with NRCS for the Junction Elementary School Earth Day activities, sponsors students to attend the Texas Section Society of Range Mgmt, Youth Range Workshop, participates and holds field days and much more.
The current board of directors consists of Quinton McKinney, Zone 5, Art Mudge, Zone 4, Ward Whitworth, Zone 1, Jerry Kirby, Zone 4 and Tony Hall, Zone 2. These gentleman have a combined 100+ years of experience helping the landowners of Kimble County with conservation activities.
Monthly Board Meeting Agenda
902 College St., Junction, TX
+ Event Details
NOTICE OF A REGULAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Pursuant to section 551.041 of the Texas Open Meetings act, notice is hereby given that: the Upper Llanos Soil & Water Conservation District #225 will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Weds Aug.14, 2019 at 902 College St., Junction, Texas.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED OR ACTION TAKEN:
1. Call meeting to order and establish a quorum
2. Tyson Broad, Llano River Watershed Alliance: RE: Possible Sponsorship of Irrigator Workshop
3. Approve Minutes of ULSWCD meeting held July 10, 2019
4. Review & approve: Financial report and current bank statements
5. Review & approve: Accounts payables and disbursements
6. Review Correspondence
7. TSSWCB FY19 End of Year:
A. Annual Financial Statement Notification Form
B. Approve Supplemental Matching Funds Request
8. Review & approve: Technical Assistance and TSP Reimbursement Requests: July 2019
9. Review & possible action: Dues and/or Registrations
10. Review & possible action: Sponsorships and Donations
11. Review & possible action: Registration for State Meeting of SWCD held in San Antonio, Oct 2019
12. District Director Zone 3 Election planning: Declaration Notice for Candidacy August 1-31, 2019
13. Review & possible approval: WQMP related items
A. Approval of WQMP Program Practice List for FY 2019-20
14. Review & possible action: WSEP related items
15. Review & possible approval: Monarch Butterfly Habitat Enhancement/Restoration program
16. District Clerk report
A. Update on Website, Newsletter and Ads
17. Kendria Ray’s TSSWCB Area II Field Rep report
18. NRCS Personnel Report
19. NRCS Field Office Report: Landon Pyle & Ashlee Barker
20. Approval of Conservation Plans & Cooperator Agreements
21. Discuss & possible approval: Other business
22. Personnel: Annual Employee Evaluation and possible action
23. Set next Board meeting date
The Upper Llanos SWCD may convene in executive session on any of the above items in accordance with Subchapter D, Sections 551.071-551.076 of the Texas Open Meetings Act. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services, are requested to call (325) 446-2722 ext. 103 at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. The Natural Resources Conservation Service provides leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain and improve our natural resources and environment. An Equal Opportunity Provider, Lender and Employer.
Fred W. (Tony) Hall, Jr. ,Chairman
Jerry Kirby, Vice-Chairman
Quinton McKinney, Secretary
Ward Whitworth, Director
Art Mudge, Director
902 College St., Junction, TX
Sign up to hear from us about upcoming events, plants sales and more.