Since 1947, Upper Llanos SWCD has worked with landowners to promote effective land use, promote, establish and ensure conservation and proper ecology. A board of directors works with NRCS to implement conservation plans to ensure our lands are preserved for the future, while being used effectively in the present. The District is here to serve the landowners of Kimble County.
The District provides educational opportunities for landowners, teachers and students through hand on programs, scholarships and workshops. Each year, Upper Llanos does a program with NRCS for the Junction Elementary School Earth Day activities, sponsors students to attend the Texas Section Society of Range Mgmt, Youth Range Workshop and much more.
The current board of directors consists of Quinton McKinney, Zone 5, Art Mudge, Zone 4, Ward Whitworth, Zone 1, Jerry Kirby, Zone 4 and Tony Hall, Zone 2. These gentleman have a combined 100+ years of experience helping the landowners of Kimble County with conservation activities.
Monthly Board Meeting Agenda
902 College St., Junction, TX
+ Event Details
NOTICE OF A REGULAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Pursuant to section 551.041 of the Texas Open Meetings act, notice is hereby given that: the Upper Llanos Soil & Water Conservation District #225 will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Weds June 12, 2019 at 902 College St., Junction, TX.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED OR ACTION TAKEN:
1. Call meeting to order and establish a quorum
2. Approve Minutes of ULSWCD meetings held May 8, 2019 and May 21, 2019
3. Review & approve: Financial report and current bank statements
4. Review & approve: Accounts payables and disbursements
5. Review Correspondence
6. Review & approve: Technical Assistance and TSP Reimbursement Requests: May 2019
7. Review & possible action: Director FY19 3Q Travel & Per Diem Reimbursement
8. Review & possible action: Director & Clerk Travel Reimbursement to Hill Co Assn Meeting
9. Review & possible action: FY19 3Q CAP & Cellular Data Claims
10. Review & possible action: Dues and/or Registrations
11. Review & possible action: Sponsorships and Donations
12. Review & possible action: FY20 SWCD Annual Plan of Work
13. District Director Zone 3 Election planning: Set date, appoint positions
14. Review & possible approval: WQMP related items
15. Review & possible approval: WSEP related items
16. Review & possible approval: Monarch Butterfly Habitat Enhancement/Restoration program
17. Jerry Kirby: Annual Kimble County Groundwater District Report
18. Director Report: Hill Country Association Meeting & Tour
19. District Clerk report
A. Hill Country Assn Meeting and Tour Final Tally
B. Update on Website and Advertising Contacts
20. Kendria Ray’s TSSWCB Area II Field Rep report
21. NRCS Field Office Report: Dandy Kothmann, Landon Pyle & Ashlee Barker
22. Approval of Conservation Plans & Cooperator Agreements
23. Discuss & possible approval: Other business
25. Set next Board meeting date
The Upper Llanos SWCD may convene in executive session on any of the above items in accordance with Subchapter D, Sections 551.071-551.076 of the Texas Open Meetings Act. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services, are requested to call (325) 446-2722 ext. 103 at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. The Natural Resources Conservation Service provides leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain and improve our natural resources and environment. An Equal Opportunity Provider, Lender and Employer.
Fred W. (Tony) Hall, Jr. , Chairman
Jerry Kirby, Vice Chairman
Quinton McKinney, Secretary
Ward Whitworth, Director
Art Mudge, Director
902 College St., Junction, TX
Sign up to hear from us about upcoming events, plants sales and more.