Since 1947, Upper Llanos SWCD has worked with landowners to promote effective land use, protect, establish and ensure conservation and proper ecology. A District Clerk and Board of Directors works with NRCS and other state and federal agencies to implement conservation plans to ensure your lands are preserved for the future, while being used effectively and efficiently in the present. The District is here to serve the landowners of Kimble County. Please don't hesitate to contact the office for technical assistance or questions through this website, by phone (325)446-2722, or at the office at 902 College St., Junction, TX.
The District provides educational opportunities for landowners, teachers and students through hand on programs, scholarships and workshops. Each year, Upper Llanos does a program with NRCS for the Junction Elementary School Earth Day activities, sponsors students to attend the Texas Section Society of Range Mgmt, Youth Range Workshop, participates and holds field days and much more.
The current board of directors consists of Quinton McKinney, Zone 5, Art Mudge, Zone 4, Ward Whitworth, Zone 1, Jerry Kirby, Zone 4 and Tony Hall, Zone 2. These gentleman have a combined 100+ years of experience helping the landowners of Kimble County with conservation activities.
Monthly Board Meeting Agenda
902 College St., Junction, TX
+ Event Details
NOTICE OF A REGULAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Pursuant to section 551.041 of the Texas Open Meetings act, notice is hereby given that: the Upper Llanos Soil & Water Conservation District #225 will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Weds July 10, 2019 at 902 College St., Junction, Texas.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED OR ACTION TAKEN:
1. Call meeting to order and establish a quorum
2. Visitor Reports: Attendees June 2019 Teacher Workshop and/or TSSRM Youth Range Workshop
3. Approve Minutes of ULSWCD meetings held June 12, 2019
4. Review & approve: Financial report and current bank statements
5. Review & approve: Accounts payables and disbursements
6. Melissa Grote, WSEP Review & possible approval: Contracts
7. Review Correspondence: Thank you cards and other
8. Review & approve: Letter to Judge and County Commissioners RE: 2020 Budget Consideration
9. Review & approve: Technical Assistance and TSP Reimbursement Requests: June 2019
10. Review & possible action: Calendar 2019 2Q Reports: 941 Payroll Tax Report & TX Work Force Commission Report/Payment
11. Review & possible action: Dues and/or Registrations i.e. TCAWS
12. Review & possible action: Sponsorships and Donations
13. Review & possible action: Registration for State Meeting of SWCD held in San Antonio, Oct 2019
14. District Director Zone 3 Election planning: Posting Notice to Eligible Voters Zone 3 prior to July 15
& Declaration Notice for Candidacy will be taken August 1-31, 2019
15. Review & possible approval: WQMP related items
16. Review & possible approval: Monarch Butterfly Habitat Enhancement/Restoration program
17. District Clerk report
A. Plant ID Books
B. Update on Advertising
18. Kendria Ray’s TSSWCB Area II Field Rep report
19. NRCS Personnel Report
20. NRCS Field Office Report: Dandy Kothmann, Landon Pyle & Ashlee Barker
21. Approval of Conservation Plans & Cooperator Agreements
22. Discuss & possible approval: Other business
24. Set next Board meeting date
The Upper Llanos SWCD may convene in executive session on any of the above items in accordance with Subchapter D, Sections 551.071-551.076 of the Texas Open Meetings Act. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services, are requested to call (325) 446-2722 ext. 103 at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. The Natural Resources Conservation Service provides leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain and improve our natural resources and environment. An Equal Opportunity Provider, Lender and Employer.
Fred. W. "Tony" Hall, Jr, - Chairman
Jerry Kirby - Vice Chairman
Quinton McKinney -Secretary
Ward Whitworth -Director
Art Mudge -Director
902 College St., Junction, TX
Sign up to hear from us about upcoming events, plants sales and more.